Friday, June 22, 2007

Eight random facts about MH, by MH.


Many thanks to Seraphic Singles for inviting me to play tag. I am by no means a professional writer, or anything close so I will most likely disappoint those who have followed this link from her very worthwhile blog.

The Rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


Regarding the above rules: Number three is quite impossible, since I have no "online" friends. Sorry! I'll still play as well as I can. Sadly, number four is suffering the same fate d/t my non-participation in number three.

1. Some American punctuation bothers me. I am never happy when I have to place a period inside a quotation mark. Maybe because of this self-consciousness,
I am generally annoyed by those who call attention to other people's spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes. On the other hand, I refuse to patronize any establishment that misuses an apostrophe on its signs or in its advertising. I once ran out of gas in the desert because I could not bring myself to trust the fuel from the "Gas - n - Shop's." I have trouble playing my old "Go-Go's" records for this very reason.

2. Popular Mechanics magazines from the fifties fascinate me. How I wish we could have lived up to their expectations.

3. The rejuvenated bubble skirt trend is killing my nerves. My two most hated memories are as follows: Being forced (at the sensitive age of 13) to wear a shiny satin, "pouf petal" bridesmaids dress in the totally awesome color of teal for an aunt's wedding... and temporarily forgetting about this former humiliation, showing up to school a few years later in a white cotton pouf skirt with black tights and white Converse "Chucks." Even the acid washed jean-clad head bangers laughed.


4. I always hated mushrooms and refused to eat them until I was 23 years old. A date treated me to a terribly expensive restaurant, and I felt it would seem rude to push the pricey brown curiosities to the side. Turns out I like mushrooms very much.

5. People say that I am a good listener, but they are wrong.

6. Sometimes I hate myself for not being able to live without material things like Sharpees, books, my old stuffed dog Fluffy and my "Little House on the Prairie" DVDs.

7. I am not ashamed to say that I lack any talent and I am a huge klutz.

8. My life's dream is to own a movie theater, and in it run only vintage films. That people would pay to see. Even if they only paid a couple of bucks.

2 comments:

Seraphic Single said...

I would go to your movie theatre!

mental hygiene said...

Thanks, I'll be sure to mention that to the banker!