Sunday, August 19, 2007

San Francisco firefighters don't put up with what WE deal with every day



I am astounded that the firefighters who were cat-called during a gay parade are actually filing a complaint ( AP article here at sfgate.com ).

I have to listen to sexual comments all the time at my supposed professional job. I don't mean once a day either; it's more like several every day. Some are related to just women in general while others are pointedly directed at me or others. Let's be honest. If I were to file complaints every time I was harassed in a sexual manner at work, my career would be soon over. I'd be considered a troublemaker and maybe bipolar.. Of course these MEN aren't used to being sexually objectified and treated like a blow-up doll so naturally they feel the right thing to do is file a complaint.

The hypocrisy of it.

No comments: