Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fabulous Foreclosure Fun

I must be out of this house by a day in the middle of august.

I am done.

Think what you want. I don't care. If you don't live in Phoenix, you have no idea what it's like here. Our property values will not be worth anything until this mess is sorted out. Only way to sort it out is for everyone to walk away!

Because the mortgage companies aren't doing anything to "keep people in their homes."

One thing I know. It's NEVER my home. Even if I don't have a payment, because I still have to pay taxes. I will never REALLY HAVE a HOME that I can always live at for free if I want.

No, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, just trying to make sure I NEVER make the mistake of trusting the professionals in this business ever again. It's not like we have an FDA version of real estate. Nobody watches what kind of GRADE is given to properties. I pay for my mortgage company's appraiser and what do I get? Nothing NEAR the real worth of the property. Whatever. I'm over it.

I'm moving on. I rented a cute little patio home with one bedroom and a yard and a garage and some actual central a/c. Right now, as I type, my wonderful home is rocking a 110 degree temp according to the antique thermometer in the kitchen. I trust mercury on this one because I can FEEL it. The SWAMP cooler took a dump after a neighbor kid decided to take it apart instead of clean it. I bought a portable air unit to get us through until a move could be secured, but it is a piece de merde too. We suffer but we still live.

Heracles is thriving as usual. He moved to yet ANOTHER wonderful place, and has finally bought the house of his dreams. He's busy fixing it up. He sent me an ihome for my birthday, which would make a great gift for someone 15 years my junior.

My power gets turned on in three days. I'm broke too. How did that happen? I can't say. For the first time in my life, I have not kept track. But I can tell you that I have not stepped one foot inside a mall over the past two years. I bought two foolish plane tickets but the rest of my life has been nothing but house payments, selling shit on ebay and amazon, more house payments, fixing ten year old car, house payments, major fix to broken down old car and donuts at the gas station. A girl needs at least one luxury, right? shut up.

So I am trying to pack in this 110 degree house. Eventually, I will move out, and someone else will move in, and thus is this brief chapter in the life of a house built in 1948 by two young people with dreams and vitality.

I am pretty sure this house will become a fast flip. The beautiful little kitchen is history. The asbestos flooring will be covered over. Damn!

Will they cut down the grapefruit tree and the orange trees that are about to expire? Will they xenoscape this shit?

probably. Sad. I never thought I would mistreat such a place, but I have done so by not being able to afford it. It would sell today for $30,000. My mortgage stands at $171,000..... I will never see it worth that much, and I am not alone.

No comments: